Sunday 30 May 2010

On a roll...


This photo frame was a nasty orange wooden frame from a pound shop that I bought years ago, thinking that one of these days I would do something with it. Strangely, once I got down to it, it really didn't take long, the ideas came thick and fast and it took minutes to put together. The stamps are all from Sir Tim, and the frame itself is painted in a mixture of Claudine Hellmuth and Ranger acrylics (mainly traditional tan and juniper).

This is a page from my little Moleskine journal, with the background done in a Dina Wakely style, with sprayed ink and water circles. I actually used ecoline inks in mini mister bottles, as I prefer the brighter colours, but Dina uses the Adirondack colour washes. You can see how she does it
here.
The stamp is my latest Stampotique purchase - now that Dyan is stocking them, rather than having to send for them from the States, it would be rude not to indulge these urges wouldn't it...
Amazingly, I have actually prepped two more pages in my little journal, one of which has really surprised me, so I have posted it below. I am not a fan of purple in my art, when it comes to clothes, I wear a lot of purple, but I never really like it on paper. But, I have to say, I am quite taken with this:

Tomorrow I really have to get on with some real world stuff, but not before I have been for a ride on my horse, had coffee with a friend, picked my daughter up from Brownie camp and of course blogged my completed May journal page....

2 comments:

  1. Your frame is lovely Sarah! I love the muted colours and how you've stamped on the border. Your journal pages are fantabidozi too! I know what you mean about purple, I keep saying I will buy some purple paint, but never do. Glad you're getting some time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I can tell you have had some time on your hands! Love the horse :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's always nice to know that someone has stopped by, and it would be lovely if you left a message!