Thursday 20 May 2010

Can you keep a secret?


I have been reading 'Journal Spilling' by Diana Trout, and she talks (and she is not alone) about the benefits of spilling all your innermost thoughts, fears and secrets into your journal, which sounds like a good idea, except when you then put it out there in the blogosphere for anyone to read! Not just that, but my family and friends often want to see what I have been up to, and even the normally disinterested almost teenage son of a friend of mine wanted to know what I was 'colouring in' when he saw me at it one day. So, those private thoughts, secrets and the like wouldn't be for long would they! Which is why I wrote my secret into my little moleskine, added some torn book pages and then I don't know how many layers of paint over the top. I sanded some of them off in between, and there was a point when you could still make out my writing underneath, but at some point it got covered up! I have to say, I am not overly thrilled with this page, because the colours all got a bit dark and the overall effect is a bit muddy, but 'it is what it is' as my Mum would say. I have given the Stampotique character a zip for a mouth, and the text is from a Mills and Boon novel! I'm not even sure that I will add any more writing to this, we'll see. One thing is for sure, no-one else will ever know what lies beneath!

Whilst I remember, have a look at this! I never knew it was possible to do such things with paper, but Sue Blackwell is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. THis is fabulous!!! I love Diane's book! You have done some amazing things here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that background kinda reminds me of the first Basic Grey paper I ever bought - Aged and Confused - I loved it - and I love this too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's always nice to know that someone has stopped by, and it would be lovely if you left a message!