Sunday 27 June 2010

Hot stuff!


Yesterday I went to a workshop with Kate on beeswax. I have done some beeswax before, but with varying degees of success. Unsuprisingly, Kate's method worked a dream, and I am particularly taken with the idea that I have to keep buffing up this little fella's behind to maintain the sheen! All the elements are adhered with beeswax, and the background is coloured with distress inks.
This atc is just sealed with beeswax, all the elements are adhered and sealed with gel medium. It was a quickie, so the background isn't as layered as I would like, but I wanted to try the strong colours with the wax, rather than the usual muted, grungy tones. The background is ranger dabbers and the Stampotique figure is coloured with neocolours.
Right, off to provide broom wagon services to my angel of a husband who is hustling three Brownies on a sponsored bike ride - 15 hilly miles in this heat!

2 comments:

  1. Love these but especially the top one its absolutely stunning. Keep buffing that backside hehehe
    have a lovely day
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these...they are stunning!!! I have been ferrying girls up and down to dance rehearsals all day - thank goodness for a lovely day so we have spent a lot of time at the park....Kirtsi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's always nice to know that someone has stopped by, and it would be lovely if you left a message!