Thursday 12 July 2012

Monsoon?

How did that happen? All of a sudden, it’s nearly the end of term and that means a whole year has flown by, AGAIN! I’m sure it must be an age thing, that you start complaining how quickly time passes, because when I was younger, I’m sure that I used to find the slow passage of time really frustrating!
Despite having been very organised for my journal page last month, I have been up to my wotsits at work and at home this month, so I have fallen a little behind, but having got through all the busy stuff, I treated myself to a day in my art room, to get some journaling done. I had intended to make this page all cool blues, to echo the utterly miserable weather we have been having of late – more like monsoon season than summer, but I decided that it needed a bit of jazzing up, to lift my own mood, if nothing else. Some of the flowers are made from Tumble Fish Studios background papers, and some from Basic Grey papers. The stamping around the edge is a Stampotique stamp by Jo Capper-Sandon.
At the weekend, I was teaching a lovely group at ArtisOn in Masham. We made a flag book, and despite their initial trepidation about the construction of this project, I think that they made a great job! Here is the outside of the books:
And the inside:
Right, off to get some zeds – off to the beach with the horses tomorrow, pray for not TOO much rain!

4 comments:

  1. Love the July calendar - great bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page for July and I love the look of those flag books. Might just have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Here I am sneaking in at last minute! Well, it’s still July isn’t it?! Love your colours as usual - bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's always nice to know that someone has stopped by, and it would be lovely if you left a message!